I can't believe it - 2 months completed in this 365 photography journey. 59 days! Already, I can start to see change, this project has definitely improved my eye and I feel my style is starting to deepen. I definitely have an image of how I want a photo to emerge, both from the camera and through editing.
This week as a bit all over the place. Starting from the top left...
- In between appointments I decided to drive through a lovely cemetery in town. I have always loved this chapel and with its gorgeous circular accent above the doorway. It's actually one of my preferred locations to shoot families - lovely old trees, a gorgeous pond complete with stone bridge, gorgeous weathered gates and a neighboring meadow. Beautiful afternoon light.
- One day this week was much too cold for me to walk the dogs - single digits and breezy - so I decided to hit the road and drive around Phillips Academy between the kids' buses and my work day. I have always loved this old tree, the branches are gorgeous, and the mounds of plowed snow added additional detail for the black and white conversion.
- Horseback riding started back up and these ponies were so beautiful in the afternoon light.
- A couple indoor florals in my dining room morning light. The last of my valentines bouquet and gerber daisies my daughter picked out.
- Sunlight has not been a common occurrence lately. Our 18 month old Airedale has been searching for light and she found it one morning in our dining room. I like how it hit half her face and the background is pulled into darkness.
- Lastly, I actually got in front of the camera. I HATE being in front of the camera, but a goal this year is to get in front of the lens with my family a few times. In this photo we were having fun on top of the 6+ foot mounds in our front yard so I thought I'd try out my camera timer.
Looking forward to the start of spring this month!